Thursday, May 8, 2008

Done with 1L Year!!


It’s done! Yesterday I took my last final of the semester and finished my first year of law school. Over the next day or so most of my friends will finish up as well. But in the meantime, while they’re all still studying, I need something to do. So this morning I decided to make banana bread. I think the recipe I made turned out pretty well, although it could stand to be a little more banana-y. The recipe I used also called for an 8 x 4.5 inch loaf pan, which I don’t have, so I used a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan instead. The result was that the loaf was sort of low and wide, but it still came out just fine.

Banana Bread with Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chips

1 Cup all purpose flour

1 tsp Baking powder

½ tsp Baking soda

¼ tsp salt

2 medium, well ripened bananas

¾ Cup packed brown sugar

1/3 Cup peanut butter, crunchy or creamy depending on preference (I used crunchy)

¼ Cup plain, nonfat yogurt

1 Large egg

1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil

½ Cup milk chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl

2. In a large bowl, mash the two bananas, mix with the sugar, peanut butter, yogurt, egg, and vegetable oil. Mix until smooth.

3. Mix the dry with the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into a greased 8 x 4.5 inch loaf pan. Bake for between 40-50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.

4. Let the loaf cool on a cooling rack in its pan for 15 minutes, then remove the loaf from the pan and continue allowing it to cool. Enjoy.

No comments: