Monday, June 23, 2008

Tomato Basil Pizza


This is the third type of Pizza a made for my friends. It was on the simpler, more traditional side, but still tasted very good. I think using really fresh basil (I picked the basil I used from a plant I have) does a lot for this recipe. I used canned Italian tomatoes instead of fresh, because they’re cheaper. No one complained about the difference.

Tomato Basil pizza

Makes ~14 inch pizza

1 rolled out pizza dough
3 Tsp Olive Oil (I actually used roasted garlic oil)
½ 28 oz. can peeled, whole Italian tomatoes. Drained and diced
½ cup fresh basil leaves
2-3 Tsp minced garlic
1 ½ - 2 cups cheese blend

1. Use a pastry brush to apply the olive oil, then put down the garlic and basil, and then the tomato (putting the basil underneath helps protect it from the heat a little). Sprinkle the cheese

No comments: