Monday, April 21, 2008

The Brass Ring

I was surfing epicurious earlier this week, and I came upon this cake: almond praline cake with mascarpone frosting and chocolate bark. It looks delicious. But, there are two major problems. A) I've never actually made a standing cake before, but that can be easily remedied. B) according to the reviews, the ingredients cost upwards of $60. This is a bit out of my income bracket (my current income being set at a comfortable zero). In order to finance this cake, I'm considering adding ad content to this website. To make any money, it would actually require people to click on the adds. So I figured I would take a poll, are people interested in having this cake, and would they be willing to log on to click on random ads to fund it? Post comments and let me know what you think!

Just to clarify, given that most of my readers are currently people in Charlottesville, I would be making this cake to serve to all of you.

1 comment:

SwampPoodle said...

dude, always want more cake.